Friday, November 6, 2009

My time

When I created this blog I fully intended to update more often than once a month...
That was not knowing how much time and effort it would take to get through this semester of school. MDR is working his regular job plus teaching 3 evenings a week. I am taking Anatomy/Physiology on Thursday mornings and shuttling kids to and fro. I am not complaining. We are just busy, which reminds me of an acrostic I once saw.
BUSY: Being Under Satan's Yoke. Isn't that the truth!? The busyness of everyday tends to over run everything else...sometimes (often times) to the point I fail to even ask Christ to be the center of the day.
Most recent, I had pushed Him aside so far that I could not concentrate. I had a test last week. I should have been studying on one particular morning but I could not concentrate for anything. I knew what was going on. God was trying to beckon me. I wanted to ignore Him, but it didn't work, thankfully! I put down my book and fell to my knees over the bed. Tears flowing harder than they have in a long time, I had what I call a purge session. I confessed every know sin I had been harboring plus asked for more to be revealed. It was a true outpouring from my heart. For the first time in a long time, I was open and broken to His leading. He led me to pray for my family, especially my precious, Elizabeth. I had a fresh perspective. It was great. I pray God will help me be disciplined to do that everyday.
I thank God for that day... each and every day, actually. When I wake up I utter, "Thank you for a new day, another day of life, give me strength, this is the day You have made, get me through it." I truly do love the Lord and desire for others to know His grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment