Monday, August 22, 2011

Dare to Dream?

When I created this blog it was with the intention of actually keeping up with it. Well, so much for good intentions... I noticed the date, it has been almost a year. At least I am consistent with the month. I guess it is like most things in my life. It gets put on the back burner due to priorities and others' needs.

Not long ago, and again today, I was asked what are my dreams/goals? Isn't it sad?! I couldn't think of one thing... Over the course of the day that question has been haunting me.

The two biggest dreams I have had are for Elizabeth to have a sister and to write a book. Obviously, I have no control over the first and God has no plan to fulfill that dream for me. The second, well, I have an awesome laptop that has been under the bed collecting dust waiting to be repaired. The book has been started and is on there. I can't access it, though.

I am in a valley right now and am having trouble climbing back up the mountain. I am like one of those little stray sheep Jesus mentions. (although he is talking about the lost souls, I still think we stray and need to be redirected.) I need to be led. I know there is only One who is up to the task and willing to do so. Maybe, someday, when I am up the mountain, I will dream again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you writing again, if even just a little. I started a new blog a couple of months ago, and have been working to keep it up to at least weekly postings, but sometimes life has different plans for my schedule.

    Take care, Mrs. Riley

    ReplyDelete